The foreclosure process can be very tricky especially if you don’t know what to expect. One thing hold very true that if you don’t know your rights as a homeowner in foreclosure others will violate those rights you let them INCLUDING foreclosure attorneys. Arming yourself with the knowledge and tools you need to effectively stop foreclosure yourself will prevent banks and foreclosure attorneys from violating your rights and give your the power to get out of foreclosure now.
Here Are Six Dirty Tricks Foreclosing Attorneys Will Play
1. Do not Follow State Foreclosure Laws
Banks just assume that you don’t know your rights and will operate accordingly.
2. Carryout Foreclosures Knowing Mortgage lenders Can’t Prove Ownership
Many foreclosures are carried out without prove of ownership because homeowners don’t demand proof of ownership.
3. Do not Respond to Homeowner Requests to Validate Debt
Attorney will hold out on responding to your request to validate debt in hope of selling your home and the court house steps first
4. Purposely Misrepresent the real Creditor Foreclosing (Often Names MERS “Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc” the Creditor even when a mortgage Assignment exists)
This very common with the mortgage note was sold many time over and attorneys will try to hide the real owner of the note by having MERS foreclosure in their name. Note MERS has not authority to foreclose on anyone.
5. Neglect to Send Certified Foreclosure Notices
Attorney have been known to neglect to notify at parties involved properly yet they will proceed to foreclosure if you do not call them on it
6. Hire Property Inspection Companies to Harass Homeowners
Attorneys have been known to use this tactic to try to intimidated the homeowner into leaving even before the foreclosure sale has taken place.